From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] youtube-dl has been very slow
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 20:32:52
1 Hi. If I try to play a youtube video using a console app like mpv, or
2 if I try to download a youtube video directly by using youtube-dl, the
3 speed is about dialup speed. Now, I have a Winblows box in the same
4 network and I don't get the slowdown. I have a program there which
5 downloads the same exact youtube video quite rapidly. Is youtube-dl
6 doing something wrong maybe by having a wrong user agent, or is there
7 something else to be done? My version is 2021.06.06. This seems
8 quite old to me for this program.
9
10 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
14 How do
15 you spend it?
16
17 John Covici wb2una