From: Aaron Clark <ophidian@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] an efficient network file system on slow connection, which one to choose?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:52:00
1 zhangweiwu@××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hello. I am trying to find out what's the best network file system (in
3 > general, like afs, coda, nfs, cifs) fits. We have our two offices
4 > connected to each other through a connection average at 15 to 20 KB/s
5 > with ping-delay less than 100ms and sharing files on the server in one
6 > of the office.
7
8 [SNIP]
9
10 > Before I try afs, coda, cifs one by one, I'd like to hear opinions from
11 > you especially if you tried other file systems already, your comment is
12 > very appreciated. Thanks in advance!
13
14 For your purposes, I believe CIFS/Samba will behave pretty much the same
15 as NFS so probably not what you want. My guess is you will want to try
16 Coda out based on its wikipedia entry.
17
18 Aaron
19 --
20 "The goblins are in charge of maintenance? Why not just set it on fire
21 now and call it a day?"
22 --Whip Tongue, Viashino Technician