From: Ajai Khattri <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to fix circular dependency?
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:16:08
1 On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > It means that portage wants to install both dev-php/PEAR-PEAR-1.9.0 and
4 > dev-php/PEAR-PEAR-1.6.2-r1 at the same time. I don't understand why, looks
5 > to me like it should keep you already installed 1.6.2-r1 version.
6 > Do you need to have this package in world? Does the conflict also happen
7 > if not?
8 >
9 > In case you are running portage 2.1, you might give 2.2 a try. It is
10 > better at resolving such stuff, but still fails sometimes.
11
12 I decided to uninstall PEAR-PEAR to get past this (I figured I could
13 always reinstall later after I finish all other updates).
14
15 So far so good, thanks.
20 A