From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: kde-4.2 - how to upgrade
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 21:02:53
1 Helmut Jarausch wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > since kde-4.2 seems be to unblocked now, I'd like to try it.
5 > But there are 408 (!) blocked packages.
6 >
7 > emerge --unmerge kde-meta
8 > didn't do anything.
9
10 You need an "emerge -a --depclean" after unmerging all -meta packages.
11 But usually this won't work either since most people have normal KDE
12 packages in their world file too.
13
14 The way I did it was to use the qlist tool from the gentoo-utils
15 package. First I got a list of KDE packages:
16
17 qlist -Iv | grep -- kde
18
19 This will return a lot of packages. I then copy&pasted all relevant KDE
20 4.1 packages into an "emerge -C" command. Then at the end I did the
21 "emerge -a --depclean" and removed any left overs.