From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: VMware Workstation 7.1.1 installation failed on gentoo
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:58:15
1 On 09/20/2010 06:54 PM, Thomas Yao wrote:
2 > Hi all , I just downloaded the VMware Workstation 7 and tried to
3 > install it on my gentoo but failed
4 > I installed 32-bit gentoo system on my PC and its kernel version is
5 > the lastest one in gentoo -> 2.6.35-r7
6 > I successfully installed Workstation on the gentoo but when I run it ,
7 > it ask me to compile the modules it needs.
8 >
9 > Then I just click install and failed at the last step , here is the fail log:
10 > http://paste.pocoo.org/show/264928/
11 >
12 > Any help ? Big thank you
13
14 You cannot install the package provided by vmware.com. You have to use
15 the Gentoo ebuild. With layman, add the "vmware" overlay and install
16 vmware-workstation from there. Before you do that, make sure you
17 cleaned your system from everything installed by the official vmware
18 package.