From: Tim <root@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Distcc problems...
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 00:56:36
1 Jerry McBride wrote:
2 >
3 > I've identified a few packages that simply will not compile when distcc
4 > is being used.
5 >
6 > Has anyone noticed problems with; ncurses, groff or libpcre?
7 >
8 > I'm thinking about modifying /etc/portage/bashrc to detect a new file
9 > named /etc/portage/package.distcc that will turn off distcc for
10 > each package listed. Maybe even honor a custom make option "-j" for
11 > listed packaged too.
12 >
13 > Would anyone else find this useful?
16 > --
17 >
18 > Jerry McBride
19
20 I just recompiled ncurses with seven distcc slaves and am currently
21 working on groff and libpcre with no problems so far.
22
23 Are you sure that all the participating machines have the same versions
24 of gcc, CHOST, and CFLAGS? Often a small error in one or more of these
25 settings can completely ruin a compile.
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list