From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LibreOffice + GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2279:initable_init: assertion failed
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 23:06:10
1 On 12 April 2011 04:09, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2
3 > 110412 Carlos Sura wrote:
4 > > On 12 April 2011 00:00, Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > >> Is this when you click on the libreoffice icon, or are you opening
6 > >> terminal window and running `/path/to/bin/libreoffice`?
7 > >> The latter should (hopefully) output some error messages.
8 >
9 > I agree : make sure you start it from a command line in a user terminal
10 > -- just forget all about running it as root --
11 > & tell us if there are any error messages in the terminal,
12 > eg warning that it can't find a particular library file.
13 >
14 > But first, make sure you remerge LibreOffice: that often solves problems.
15 >
16 > --
17 > ========================,,============================================
18 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
19 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
20 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
25 Hello, thank you for answer me.
26
27 Yes, running as root cause me that message.
28
29 Anyway, I reinstalled LibreOffice, and isn't working yet.
30
31 As I try to run as (normal) user -terminal-, does not show me any output, no
32 errors, no message.
33
34 Is there any log I can look for?
35
36 Isn't working yet, and I do not have any clue about what could cause me
37 this.
38
39 Regards
40 --