From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Winter clock change did not happen
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 16:16:48
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On Sunday 31 October 2010 13:29:20 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
4 >> Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>
6 >> > I've noticed this problem on two different boxen, both of them dual boot
7 >> > with MSWindows. A Gentoo only box of mine switched over to winter time
8 >> > correctly - so it must be my dual boot set up that is causing this
9 >> > problem.
10 >>
11 >> It is a problem caused by the settings needed for Linux to live with
12 >> Windows on the same computer.
13 >
14 > Is there a fix? I thought that the setting of CLOCK="local" in
15 > /etc/conf.d/clock was to address the problem of having to dual boot with
16 > MSWindows.
17
18 Maybe this is useful: Some webpages report a registry key which can be
19 set so that windows interprets the hardware clock as UTC:
20
21 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation]
22 "RealTimeIsUniversal"=dword:00000001
25 This same page says also:
26
27 > It seems to work most of the "time" for me but 1 or twice a day the
28 > clock changes to the timezone offset again. I just have to do a w32tm
29 > /resync /nowait to fix it. My suspicion is that the clock applet in
30 > the tray is monkeying it up.
31
32 So I don't know if this Just Works™.
33