From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Floorplan software for Linux?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:19:54
1 On 2009-03-25, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > http://www.fs-driver.org/
4
5 Cool, I'll have to remember that.
6
7 > I like the vmware solution better though as I can use Windows
8 > from within Gentoo. It's fun to see a complete Windows desktop
9 > in a window, but it has it's problems also. Overall it's
10 > probably the primary way I'll be going in the future though.
11
12 Back when I used to use Win4Lin to run WinMe, I could even
13 cut/paste back and forth between Linux and WinMe that was
14 running in the VM. I haven't ever figured out how to do that
15 suing Qemu/Win2K.
16
17 [WinMe was _way_ more stable and noticably faster in Win4Lin
18 than it was on real hardware, but none of the current crop of
19 VM systems use the same sort of virtualization, so they loose
20 out more on the speed end of things than Win4Lin did.]
21
22 > Hope this helps, at least with ideas.
23
24 It does, thanks.
27 Grant Edwards grante Yow! Hold the MAYO & pass
28 at the COSMIC AWARENESS ...
29 visi.com