From: Ionen Wolkens <ionen@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dbus now requires CONFIG_EPOLL in kernel?
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 16:02:13
1 On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 03:46:46PM -0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > At the end of an update today, I got an error message from
3 >
4 > sys-apps/dbus-1.12.22-r2:
5 >
6 > * CONFIG_EPOLL: is not set when it should be.
7 > Please check to make sure these options are set correctly. Failure
8 > to do so may cause unexpected problems.
9 >
10 > In the kernel config menu, that option is under an "experts only"
11 > parent menu that warns
12
13 It's normally enabled by default, and disabling it is what is the
14 "experts only" bit, which leads to question why it's disabled for you.
17 > This is for specialized environments which can tolerate a
18 > "non-standard" kernel. Only use this if you really know what you
19 > are doing.
20 >
21 > Is this new requirement for CONFIG_EPOLL legit?
22
23 It's not new, this check been in dbus ebuilds since 2012(?) or so,
24 I assume your configs is what has changed.
27 > --
28 > Grant
33 ionen