From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] --oneshot and --update
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 07:17:13
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 08:35 on Monday 16 May 2011, Pandu Poluan did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Hello list!
5 >
6 > I am trying to get the 'Zen' of emerge. Please CMIIW on the following
7 > points:
8 >
9 > * emerge --oneshot package will install package but does not record it in
10 > @world
11
12 Yes
13
14 > * To update a oneshot-ed package, I must either do it explicitly
15 > (emerge --update package), or use --deep against world (emerge
16 > --update --deep @world)
17
18 Yes
19
20 > * --update-ing a package will not record it in @world
21
22 Dunno. Please test it and tell us if it did or not
23
24 > * If I want that package to be included in @world, I have to re-emerge it
25
26 No.
27
28 emerge -n
29
30 Refer to emerge man page
31
32 You can also just edit /var/lib/portage/world by hand for the same result
35 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com