From: Francesco Talamona <ti.liame@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Backing up my box
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:05:39
1 On Tuesday 24 April 2007, Mark Somerville wrote:
2 > I've got an 8Gb Gentoo virtual machine that I'm working out a backup
3 > plan for. Since the disk space is pretty small, I'm thinking about
4 > just taking a full image of the disk for backups, rather than
5 > cherry-picking DBs, mail, etc.
6 >
7 > I'd like to take a full image every day (but only transfer the
8 > differences), which I'll store for a week. Does this sound like a
9 > reasonable enough approach?
10 >
11 > My initial thoughts were just to use rsync to grab everything. Would
12 > this be appropriate for this kind of backup? Is there a better tool
13 > to get the job done?
14 >
15 > Any suggestions appreciated,
16 >
17 > Mark
18
19 (Supposing both boxes are Linux ones) Sometime I use
20 app-backup/rdiff-backup, it's quite easy and effective.
21
22 Ciao
23 Francesco
24 --
25 Linux Version 2.6.20-gentoo-r6, Compiled #2 PREEMPT Fri Apr 20 17:31:11
27 One 1GHz AMD Athlon 64 Processor, 2GB RAM, 2003.99 Bogomips Total
28 aemaeth
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list