From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Harvesting failed compilation...
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2017 06:38:10
1 On 05/12/17 18:08, tuxic@××××××.de wrote:
2 > after emerge -e @world --keepgoing
3 > I got this packages, which failed to compile, listed
4 > [...]
5 >
6 > make failed
7 > glibc failed
8 > libstd++ failed
9 >
10 > so...the less important packages so to say.
11 >
12 > And after fixing those -- if possible -- I guess that I doomed
13 > to start the whole process right from the beginning.
14
15 If you can fix them, portage should still remember the previous run and
16 keep rebuilding world from where it stopped. It remembers 2 past failed
17 emerges when using --resume. See "man emerge", in the "--resume" section.
18
19 In this case, do "emerge --resume" first, but when the first package in
20 the list starts to emerge, abort with Ctrl+C. This will count as a
21 failed emerge and the resume list will get updated and remember that one
22 as the most recent one. Then do a backup copy of /var/cache/edb/mtimedb.
23 Now try and fix the packages. After you fixed them, see if "emerge
24 --resume" still remembers the last world rebuild. If not, copy the
25 backed up file back and now "emerge --resume" should continue building
26 from where it last failed.