From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lvm problem -- is timing?
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 02:12:04
1 > Forget LVM, forget a separate /boot, just stick / on the SSD and mount
2 > the likes of /var on the SD card. I use LVM on my Eee, but that's because
3 > it has two SSDs, I wouldn't dream of including the SD card in there.
6 Ok, I did it! No more LVM! Wiped the SSD and made one partition out of
7 it. Mounted it on /mnt/gentoo and unpacked the stage3 tarball. Silly
8 question: now what? Where do I mount the SD card prior to unpacking
9 portage? Do I make separate partitions on the SD card for each dir I
10 need /usr /var /tmp etc? The natural place would seem to be on
11 /mnt/gentoo/usr, but what about the other dirs? I should know this;
12 I've done it often enough, but only when the other drive held a
13 different OS or was strictly for storage. It probably seems obvious to
14 you, but I can't see it.
15
16 mw