From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: lockup and freeze
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 14:18:41
1 Tamas Sarga <tamas <at> wansite.homelinux.net> writes:
4 > I have a problem. My PC lockups time to time with the attached dmesg. It
5 > occurs once or twice a week. After a minute or so it comes back, and the
6 > computer works again. At last time it dropped lost interrupts into
7 > dmesg, but I can't save it because it didn't come back after ten minutes
8 > and I had to reset the machine.
9 > What can be the problem? What other informations do you need?
10
11 Try this: dmesg -s 64000 | less
14 sometimes dmesg needs extra memory, particularly if it's a large file
15
16 hth,
17
18 James