From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any way to automate login to host and su to root?
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 15:56:25
1 On 7/18/22 12:23 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > I've been using ansible for some of my automation scripts and am
3 > happy with the way that works. The existing implementations for
4 > "adding users" and such is tested plenty by others and does actually
5 > check if the user exists before trying to add one.
6
7 ACK
8
9 > I only use expect to automate the login-process as mentioned in the
10 > original email.
11
12 I've been a fan of the sshpass command explicitly for sshing into
13 systems. Though I've gotten it to work for a few other very similar things.
14
15 > The line it's expecting is more then just "*?assword" like in all
16 > the examples.
17 >
18 > Currently, SSH puts the password-prompt as:
19 > (<username>@<hostname>) Password:
20 >
21 > As I know both, the expected string is this full line. If SSH changes
22 > its behaviour, the script will simply fail.
23
24 Nice!
29 Grant. . . .
30 unix || die