From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System hangs when poweroff with NFS mounted
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 05:16:37
1 On Sun, Jan 19, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Amankwah <amankwah7@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I swithed to Gnome3 last week, and the systemd is needed by
4 > gnome3.8, so I used systemd to replace the openrc now. Howerver, my
5 > system always hangs when I try to poweroff.
6 > I have NFSv3 filesystem mounted via WiFi, it's managed by the
7 > Networkmanager. so it seemed that the wireless connection was cut off
8 > before the NFS was unmounted? I searched this problem and modified my
9 > fstab line like this:
10 >
11 > NAS:/data /media/NAS nfs
12 > _netdev,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.device-timeout=10ms,rw,soft,vers=3
13 > 0 0
14 >
15 > It's worked under the wired connnection, but the wireless connection
16 > still hangs, Is there any thing should be changed? Or is it a bug?"
17
18 I think it's a bug; systemd should stop NetworkManager.service only
19 after all remote filesystems have been umounted. Could you boot up
20 your machine after it hanged, and send the contents from "journalctl
21 --boot=-1". That will give us the logs from the previous boot; perhaps
22 we can see the problem.
23
24 > I have to umount the NFS before poweroff everytime. Please tell me what can I do to
25 > resove this problem?
26
27 I think it's a bug, but in the meantime (as a workaround) you can put
28 the following script in
29 /usr/lib/systemd/system-shutdown/nfs-force-umount:
30
32 #!/bin/sh
33 /bin/umount -l /media/NAS
35