From: Vladimir Rusinov <vladimir@×××××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgrade kernel
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:53:50
1 On 7/10/07, Luigi Pinna <mailing-gentoo@××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I think the problem is on PATA drivers!
4 > It seems that it doesn't load any chipset driver...
5 > I used the old config as suggested without changes...
6 > Or must I change something in fstab???
9 You should change your kernel's config e.g. with menuconfig (if you are
10 using genkernel, type genkernel --menuconfig all).
11 In you config you should enable some drivers in Device Drivers>ATA/ATAPI/
12 (this is old IDE drivers, which have been used in <=2.6.18) or use new
13 libata drivers in Device Drivers>SATA and PATA (this PATA drivers are only
14 available in >=2.6.19).
15
16 oldconfig doesn't work just because option's names have changed in 2.6.19.
17
18 PS: sorry for my English. I think google speaks English better.
21 Vladimir Rusinov
22 GreenMice Solutions: IT-решения на базе Linux
23 http://greenmice.info/