From: Gyuri <hangcsapda@××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual-linuxdistro-boot kernel question
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 14:13:35
1 Fernando Meira wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 > I was told the following, which I don't agree, but in any case, I
5 > would like to hear from someone that knows :)
6 > - when having 2 different distro on 1 pc, do they have to use the same
7 > kernel?
8 > Even if they share the same swap partition and /boot is inside the
9 > root of one of the distros (and not in a separate partition)...
10 >
11 > Cheers,
12 > Fernando
13
14 No, but they can use a common kernel, if you want to. The same swap
15 space can be used, it's not a question. (If you want to have 2 distros
16 on 1 pc, a swap partition is recommended insted of a swap file for each)
17 It can happen because at the same time, only one of them can boot up.
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list