From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Removing PAM from my system, is it adviseable?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 17:20:46
1 On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 11:11 AM, James Homuth <james@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > For almost a year now I've had PAM, not by choice really, on my server.
3 > Mostly because I've been pretty much told if it came with, it's better not
4 > to remove it. But to be blunt, I'm getting more than a little irritated with
5 > its attempts to interfere with my attempts to configuring any program with
6 > an optional PAM plugin. Will my system blow up at me if I remove PAM? And,
7 > if no, I assume I can just do so by specifying -pam in make.conf, and then
8 > rebuilding things as necessary?
9
10 I haven't tried it, but here is a wiki article about removing PAM:
11
12 http://www.gentoo-wiki.info/HOWTO_Remove_PAM
13
14 good luck :)