From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a way to list orphaned services?
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019 07:47:58
1 On Thu, 12 Dec 2019 16:52:21 -0800, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I've been merging/unmerging packages for testing and some have to be
4 > started via a daemon, so I've had to add them to /etc/runlevels/* via
5 > rc-update.
6 >
7 > The problem is I was removing packages without doing `rc-update del
8 > <service> <runlevel>`, leaving them added in the runlevel with no valid
9 > script/symlink.
10 >
11 > Now, I could just do `ls -al /etc/runlevels/*` and search manually for
12 > broken symlinks and then manually remove them.
13
14 How about:
15
16 find -L /etc/runlevels -type l
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 Every morning is the dawn of a new error...