From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone ever emerged dev-libs/boost with FEATURES="test" and finished?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 15:05:12
1 On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm running with full system FEATURES="test" on, and I have a couple of
3 > programs that depended on dev-libs/boost. The boost testsuite always
4 > fails in my computer due to insufficient disk space, I usually simply
5 > skip the test for boost and just go on with the merge. But today, I
6 > decided to let the testsuite run to completion; so in preparation for
7 > that, I plugged in an external harddisk and made it so that
8 > /var/tmp/portage points to an empty disk image in the external harddrive.
9 >
10 > This setup works ok, and the testsuite is still running, however I saw
11 > now that the disk image's is now taking ~18 GB (and counting) while "du
12 > -sh" on /var/tmp/portage counted ~13GB.
13 >
14 > So, the question is, has anyone successfully compiled and run
15 > FEATURES="test" on boost and knows how much space the tests eat up in
16 > the end?
17 >
18 > I am suspecting of the possibility that maybe a testsuite gets into an
19 > infinite loop while writing a file or something constantly eats up
20 > diskspace. Or is it just that boost has an outrageously too extensive
21 > testsuite and it will turn out ok if I just left it to run.
22
23 I'm trying it now, I have 64gb free in /var/tmp so I hope that's enough... :)