From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mplayer and sound in firefox during playback
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 08:00:50
1 On 09/09/2009 10:05 AM, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 09 September 2009 01:49:15 Harry Putnam wrote:
3 >> I've installed mplayer and am able to play back online vidoes like
4 >> quicktime. However, I get no sound.
5 >>
6 >> Playing the same file retrieved from browser cache, directly with
7 >> mplayer, works with sound.
8 >>
9 >> What do I need to do with firefox to get the sound of videos?
10 >
11 > <wild shot in the dark here>
12 >
13 > Was firefox built with USE=alsa?
14
15 Doesn't matter. It's the plugin that plays the sound, not Firefox (I
16 know because I have Firefox without the alsa USE flag and it works OK.)