From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-User ML <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:23:44
1 Am Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:13:24 -0500
2 schrieb Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>:
3
4 > Hi folks.
5 >
6 > Word of warning. I been upset before, I have even been mad before,
7 > right now, I'm pissed. This is not normal for me but it is what it is.
8 >
9 > I tried the new xorg with the hal flag turned on. Let's just say it was
10 > a nightmare, AGAIN. I want my old way back to say it lightly. I put
11 > -hal in package.use for xorg-server. I put my old xorg.conf file back
12 > as well. I re-emerged the keyboard, mouse, video and evdev just in case
13 > it mattered. I also re-emerged xorg-server. My problem you ask. The
14 > nvidia drivers won't load. It defaults to the nv drivers. No splash
15 > screen anymore. Also, my mouse wheel doesn't work anymore either. That
16 > really set me off. I use my wheel as much as I use the left button.
17 >
18 > Info alert:
19 >
20 [SNIP]
21 >
22 > All those have been re-emerged since disabling the hal with package.use.
23 >
24 > What have I missed? Clues? Ideas?
25
26 Did you manually set it in your xorg.conf? Like so:
27
28 Section "Device"
29
30 Identifier "Nvidia"
31 Driver "nvidia"
32
33 Option "NoLogo" "true"
34
35 EndSection
36
37 If you don't it defaults to whatever other driver you have that works with
38 the hardware (nv or VESA). I noticed that it does that after I tried to remove
39 my xorg.conf (it works just fine, I only have to leave the above in it for X to
40 work).
41
42 > I'm going to go paint my roof and vent some frustration.
43
44 Man, I'm sorry you keep having these upgrade problems. I can imagine the
45 frustration this would cause.
46
47 > Thanks.
48 >