From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] DOSEMU 1.4.0.0 won't run as ordinary user anymore
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 00:27:07
1 I've been using a specific program that only works under DOSEMU. It
2 worked great. Today, (after an update?) DOSEMU has stopped working as
3 an ordinary user, but still works for root. Here's the screen capture
4
5 ======================================================================
6 [d530][waltdnes][~] dosemu
7
8 LOWRAM mmap: Permission denied
9 Segmentation fault
11
12 I haven't seen the LOWRAM error before. I tried "/usr/bin/dosemu -s",
13 but it refused both my password and the root password. I really don't
14 like the concept of running as root for ordinary stuff. Is there a way
15 I can run it without full root privileges? I haven't been able to
16 figure out the magic incantation in /etc/sudoers.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>