From: damian <damian.only@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend to ram: correct behavior?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 15:57:38
1 Hi Alan,
2
3 On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > On Sunday 21 December 2008 16:04:34 damian wrote:
5 >> Hi,
6 >>
7 >> When I suspend to ram my laptop I've noticed the usb ports still yield
8 >> energy (the light of my external hard drive stays on) and also the led
9 >> of the wired network device is on. Is this supposed to happen? I think
10 >> it should be a problem because the laptop consumes more energy that
11 >> way. Does anybody know how to solve it?
12 >
13 > Sounds like "wake up from usb" and "wake up on lan" is working. Either that or
14 > your devices did not go to sleep properly and are still awake.
15 >
16 > Do you get any hits from Google using those terms or similar ones?
17 No luck so far :(. I'll keep on looking.
18
19 Best,
20 Damian.