From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] palemoon again: USE=system-libs
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2017 19:24:47
1 Looking at the ebuild, one gets the impression that setting this USE
2 flag should result in linking with (at least) the system libjpeg, zlib,
3 libbz2, libpng, sqlite, and cairo. Which should be at least a little
4 bit more secure, from my POV, than having all that code embedded and not
5 necessarily getting updated for CVEs in those libraries.
6
7 But a trivial ldd check after installation shows that no such thing
8 actually happens. WTH??
9
10 Do I really have to dive into Mozilla build system? :-(
13 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
14 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
15 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html