From: Arek Murzyn <admin@××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] eterm issue
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 14:07:30
1 Hi
2
3 I've done something recently on my gentoo and I don't remember what but till
4 that moment I cannot run Eterm or xterm when logged as user. When logged as
5 root everything is working. This issue is known on the web but solutions
6 does not satisfy me Eterm.
7 There are messages:
8 "Can't open pseudo-tty --No such file or directory"
9 "Unable to run sub-command"
10 Then Eterm window raises and there is only "Hit any key to exit"
11 I checked:
12 - /dev/pty is compiled in kernel
13 - /dev/pty directory exists and all files within
14 - symbolic links in /dev exists too
15 - changed rights to all these files to rwxrwxrwx - nothing helped
16 2.6.12r6, 2005.0
17 What can I do more? Changin debugging level in Eterm gives nothing.
18
19 Help!
20
21 Arek