From: Roy Wright <royw@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bbgallery and template files
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:25:27
1 Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 >Harry Putnam schreef:
6 >>First if this ends up being a nearly duplicate post... my apologies.
7 >>I tried a similar version from a different machine that has apparently
8 >>not made it to the server.
9 >>
10 >>I recently went looking for image manipulation tools in general and
11 >>web gallery software in particular... I found in portage something
12 >>called `bbgallery' which looks like a nice simple solution to my need.
13 >>
14 >>However, after having emerged it and by reading the html docu that
15 >>comes with it, I'm told in the simplest case one can simply navigate
16 >>to a directory full of `*.jpg' and call:
17 >>
18 >> $ bbgallery
19 >>
20 >>When I do that I get an error telling me bbgallery cannot find its
21 >>default template. The docu suggests there should be a series of
22 >>templates created under /usr/lib/bbgallery/template. However there is
23 >>not.
24 >>A full list of the pakgage files shows:
27 [snip]
28
29 >>No templates at all.
30 >>
31 >>Any one here have experience with this tool or can suggest a debugging
32 >>approach. I've written to mail address found on its sourceforge home
33 >>page bb@bb_zone.com but it bounces.
38 >I've just looked at the ebuild:
39 >
40 >DESCRIPTION="Webpage image gallery creation perl script"
41 >HOMEPAGE="http://bbgallery.sourceforge.net/"
42 >SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/bbgallery/${P}.tar.bz2"
43 >
44 >SLOT="0"
45 >LICENSE="GPL-2"
46 >KEYWORDS="x86 ppc ~sparc alpha amd64"
47 >IUSE=""
48 >
49 >RDEPEND="media-gfx/gimp
50 > dev-lang/perl
51 > media-gfx/imagemagick
52 > dev-perl/URI
53 > dev-perl/libwww-perl
54 > dev-perl/HTML-Template
55 > dev-perl/HTML-Parser"
58 >I would assume that HTML-Template is responsible for building the
59 >templates (on first run, possibly)?
60 >
61 >So then I went to see if there was a possibility that you might have
62 >disabled HTML-Parser via USE flags:
63 >
64 >emerge -pv bbgallery
65 >
66 >These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
67 >
68 >Calculating dependencies ...done!
69 >[ebuild N ] dev-perl/HTML-Template-2.7 61 kB
70 >[ebuild N ] dev-perl/Crypt-SSLeay-0.51 114 kB
71 >[ebuild N ] dev-perl/libnet-1.19 63 kB
72 >[ebuild N ] dev-perl/libwww-perl-5.800 +ssl 223 kB
73 >[ebuild N ] app-misc/bbgallery-1.2.0 32 kB
74 >
75 >... but there isn't so that wouldn't seem to be it.
76 >
77 >Were there any errors in the emerge log? It can certainly happen that a
78 >program could emerge successfully without building all of its parts. Not
79 >often, but it can happen. Are there any bugs listed in b.g.o wrt this
80 >app? Is dev-perl/HTML-Template installed? Are you possibly having other
81 >issues with Perl (recent upgrade of), and need to run perl-cleaner?
82 >
83 >That's all I can think of, until someone who meets your criterion
84 >(experience with the specific tool) comes along :) .
85 >
86 >HTH,
87 >Holly
90 I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. As I needed the
91 gallery at that instance, I just specified the template on the command
92 line:
93
94 bbgallery -T monochrome
95
96 Note that there is not a "default" template installed into
97 /usr/lib/bbgallery.
98
99 Also noticed that --meta did not apear to work. I didn't notice any
100 problems building.
101
102 HTH,
103 Roy