From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: mplayer fonts (was: [gentoo-user] playing mms with totem)
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 21:12:02
1 At Tue, 04 Sep 2007 07:09:00 +1200 (NZST) Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz> wrote:
2
3 > can't say for sure if totem does mms:// - but vlc and mplayer both do.
4
5 Thanks I tried mplayer and as soon as it starts it complained that it
6 could not load bitmap font sans-serif. So I went to preferences and
7 pointed it to a font that is there and the complaint reappeared with
8 this new font. I tried several and always received the same complaint
9 with the font I chose mentioned explicitly. For example now it says
10
11 Cannot load bitmap font: /usr/share/fonts/corefonts/cour.ttf
12
13 Help would appreciated.
14 allan
15 --