From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] hacking an ebuild
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:30:54
1 On Wednesday 20 June 2007, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 19 June 2007 14:32:15 Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > I took a quick look inside the ebuils. Nothing there seems amd64
4 > > specific, so here's how I would proceed;
5 > >
6 > > Create a user overlay in the usual place - $PORTDIR/local/
7 > > Copy the ebuild there as normal
8 > > modify KEYWORDS="~x86 ~amd64
9 > > Check that all the dependencies have amd64 ebuilds as well
10 > > emerge jffnms and see what happens
11 >
12 > What? Why? Just add 'net-analyzer/jffnms ~x86'
13 > to /etc/portage/package.keywords? No matter what the KEYWORDS of an
14 > ebuild are (or aren't) they can be accepted by a proper entry in
15 > package.keywords (** if empty)...
16
17 <sigh>
18
19 Yes, you are right. What was I thinking? It must have been late at the
20 time.
21
22 alan
27 Optimists say the glass is half full,
28 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
29 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
30
31 Alan McKinnon
32 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
33 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list