From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Adding dependencies in init scripts
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:10:01
1 Am Sonntag 14 Februar 2010 02:51:57 schrieb Damian:
2 > On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Damian <damian.only@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > >> HTH...
4 > >>
5 > >> Dirk
6 > >
7 > > Thanks a lot for your responses. That looks just like what I needed.
8 >
9 > Ok, I just cannot make this work.
10 >
11 > I've created a file /etc/conf.d/mpd with the following line
12 > rc_after="mpdscrible"
13 >
14 > But the init script seems to ignore it. No matter what I put in
15 > /etc/conf.d/mpd . The gentoo handbook doesn't say anything about it.
16 > I'm clearly missing something, but I don't know what it is.
17
18 In your first post you stated that you want to have both started, right? But
19 "after" is about order, not dependency. I'd say you need to put
20
21 rc_need="mpd"
22
23 into /etc/conf.d/mpdscrible and put mpdscrible into default runlevel, not mpd.
24
25 Maybe a combination of both
26
27 rc_after="mpdscrible"