From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] chrome and everything
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2011 14:48:24
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 15:47 on Thursday 02 June 2011, Indi did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > Maybe before throwing out the baby with the bathwater he should do some
5 > more testing in another browser. In the past I've seen behavior not
6 > unlike that described due to flash, but if flash is the culprit it will
7 > show up using firefox or konqueror or whatever.
8
9 I've seen various combinations of flash-replacements, browsers and hackery
10 (nspluginwrapper comes to mind) do similar things - send a machine haywire and
11 sometimes even lock it up solid. But in each case it's been a new commit to
12 the tree, many more than 1 user was affected and we heard about it here almost
13 right away.
14
15 That isn't the case this time. Woth checking, I just don't hold out much hope
16 it's anything other than flash itself (especially given it's track record).
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com