From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skylake and x265 movie display
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 19:41:13
1 On 6/25/19 4:57 PM, Adam Carter wrote:
2 > My skylake (i3-6100U) system drops frames when watching x265 movies (in
3 > mpv and kodi), with all cores at 100% CPU. I've re-run through
4 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Intel and tried changing from the intel
5 > driver to modsetting, and it appears to use less CPU for x264 at least.
6 > Still maxed out for x265 so I cant tell if there's a difference for that.
7 >
8 > I'm going through the USE flags for kodi, mpv and ffmpeg, which flags
9 > are the most important? Is there some way to run a simple movie playback
10 > benchmark to assess the impact of changes?
13 Missed this, you can use `vainfo` and it should tell you the profiles it
14 supports.
15
16 Dan