From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is the gimmick to run tightvnc from windows to gentoo
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:18:31
1 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > I tried connecting to a MSWindows RealVNC server with krdc and I remember that
4 > I couldn't login. It could be latency across the pond, or network traffic
5 > causing the login to time out. Eventually I ran out of patience/time and
6 > decided to remove the login passwd and instead lock down access to the
7 > RealVNC, MSWindows box and its network, from my IP address only.
8
9 Sounds like this is in the opposite direction from what I'm talking
10 about.
11
12 I'm not experiencing any problems connecting with linux client to
13 windows server (tightvnc both ends).
14
15 I'm not sure what `krdc' that you mention, is, but would suggest you
16 try tightvnc on both ends. It worked for me with no problems.
17
18 However trying to connect with windows (tightVnc) client to Linux
19 (tightVNc) server fails for me without any log info or debug info
20 whatever. Makes it hard to see how to debug the problem.
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list