From: Xi Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] my gentoo cannot find my HD
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 05:42:46
1 of course i am using genkernel. i do not have access to my linux box
2 now. i will post the output later.
5 On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Jacob Todd <jaketodd422@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:57:51AM +0800, Xi Shen wrote:
7 >> Hi,
8 >>
9 >> i installed my gentoo x64 on my usb HD, because i have to use windows
10 >> for my work. but the problem is that if i boot from the usb HD, it
11 >> cannot find the HD on my laptop. the gentoo 2008 installation cd works
12 >> very well, so i think i must have missed some drivers in the kernel or
13 >> module. i have included anything that is related to ide, scsi, sata,
14 >> and usb. is there anything else i should do to make my HD on laptop
15 >> work?
16 >>
17 >> my laptop is thinkpad t61.
20 >> --
21 >> Best Regards,
22 >> David Shen
23 >>
24 >> http://twitter.com/davidshen84
27 > Do `lspci -n` and paste it's output at http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/.
28 >
29 > Also look at Pappy's kernel seeds.[1]
30 >
31 > [1]http://62.3.120.141/~pappy/
32 >
33 > --