From: Guillermo Garron <guillermo.fedora@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: NIC not detected after Kernel upgrade
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:25:15
1 On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Guillermo Garron wrote:
3 >>
4 >> On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM, Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>>
6 >>> I think you need just E1000E for your NIC.
7 >>>
8 >>> I use E1000E <*> for my intel:
9 >>>
10 >>> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566MM Gigabit Network
11 >>> Connection (rev 03)
12 >>
13 >> Hi,
14 >>
15 >> I think that is the one I should use! cause it seems I have the same card.
16 >>
17 >> I will try and let you know.
18 >
19 > e1000 is for the PCI version. e1000e is for the PCI Express version. It can
20 > be that there's a conflict if both are enabled.
21
22 Hi,
23 thanks a lot for your help, I have tried both of them and no success, :(.
24 I have also disabled all other NICs in the kernel.
25
26 Here is my new config file
27
28 http://www.go2linux.org/pics/other_files/gentoo/guille4.config.txt
37 Guillermo Garron
38 "Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
39 (Using Ubuntu, Debian, Gentoo)
40 http://feeds.feedburner.com/go2linux
41 http://www.go2linux.org