From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: screen tearing when moving windows...
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 03:32:06
1 On 20/03/13 06:01, 木叶 wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > I'm suffering screen tearing when moving windows around, watching
5 > videos, and some other situations. I've tried almost all popular desktop
6 > environments, including KDE, gnome(both traditional gnome 2 and new
7 > gnome 3), and xfce, the issue always exists except in gnome 3. For the
8 > main difference between these window managers, is gnome 3's window
9 > manager (mutter) is based on opengl, I think there may be some problems
10 > with my card's 2D acceleration. But'cat /proc/mtrr' shows everything is
11 > well.
12 > My graphical card is Nvidia Geforce GT240M, and I'm using the official
13 > Nvidia drivers.
14 >
15 > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? Any
16 > help much appreciated!
17
18 Yes. Enable VSync and the issue goes away. I use KDE and the setting is
19 in System Settings, Desktop Effects, "Advanced" tab ("Use VSync" checkbox.)