From: Alejandro <elcorreodeale@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless intel 4965 howto
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 16:12:34
1 2009/2/20 Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
2
3 > Hi there!
4 >
5 > Is there a working howto of how to get the wireless connection to work?
6 > Its a built-in chipset, intel 4965AG, and it was working with kernel
7 > 2.6.24,
8 > but I fail with any kernel newer. 2.6.26 had serious problems with
9 > rfkill-switch, and the only way for me was to unload the driver module,
10 > switch on the wifi-interface, load module again and then it worked. A
11 > little bit clumsy, but it worked.
12 >
13 > With 2.6.27 I entirely fail to get any connection at all. The
14 > wifi-interface
15 > refuses to accept any ESSID.
16 >
17 > So, is there a howto that describes how to get wireless to work? Maybe in a
18 > way so that I switch on the interface and no troubles with rfkill, etc?
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance
21 > Alex
24 > Take a look at the "old" gentoo wiki. i think is in www.gentoo-wiki.info.
25 After kernel 2.6.26 yo have to change a couple of options and start using
26 the open intel driver for that chip