From: "Hemmann
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dual USB HDD enclosure shows only a single disk (NexStar MX) -- SOLVED
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:23:17
1 On Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2007, felix@×××××××.com wrote:
2 > On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 09:27:58AM +0930, Iain Buchanan wrote:
3 > > but you also know a little more than you did yesterday. That's the main
4 > > thing!
5 >
6 > I know how I misthought things. I had thought USB was a dumb protocol
7 > and that the simplest way to present two drives on one connection was
8 > to have an internal hub, thus it wouldn't matter what the SCSI
9 > protocol was. But a friend tells me USB actually allows for multiple
10 > drives in some fashion, so it just might make sense to make it look
11 > like separate LUNs.
12
13 everything becomes clear if you think about usb as 'scsi with different cables
14 and the ability to add printers, mice and keyboards'
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list