From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Ugly fonts on some seb sites
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:57:15
1 090326 Robin Atwood wrote:
2 > Recently http://freshmeat.net/ updated its look
3 > and now the fonts are very hard to read.
4 > It seems like they are not being rendered with anti-aliasing.
5 > http://www.linuxjournal.com/ seems to have the same problem.
6 > It makes no difference whether I use Firefox or Konqueror,
7 > the appearance is the same.
8
9 I don't encounter a problem with Konqueror
10 -- I didn't check Firefox, but it sb the same --
11 set to use New Century Schoolbook for all variable fonts
12 & Luxi Mono for all fixed-width fonts: that's a quick fix you might try.
13
14 > How can I find out what font is being used and mb substitute it with CSS?
15
16 I leave that to others ... (smile)
20 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
21 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
22 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca