From: Kenneth Prugh <ken69267@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] More problems with Pidgin
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 20:01:59
1 On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:54:07 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > I decided to move on from Gaim, since it is now masked. So I emerged
5 > pidgin, backed up ~/.gaim, unmerged gaim and tried to launch
6 > pidgin . . .
7 >
8 > Hmm, it seems that I can launch /usr/bin/finch, that brings up an
9 > ncurses interface, but not pidgin. There is no pidgin binary! Have
10 > I missed out some necessary USE flag perhaps?
11 >
12 > $ pidgin
13 > -bash: pidgin: command not found
14 >
15 > # ls -la /usr/bin/pidgin
16 > ls: cannot access /usr/bin/pidgin: No such file or director
17 >
18 > # emerge -pDv pidgin
19 >
20 > These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
21 >
22 > Calculating dependencies... done!
23 > [ebuild R ] net-im/pidgin-2.2.1 USE="dbus gstreamer ncurses nls
24 > perl spell -bonjour -debug -doc -eds -gadu -gnutls -groupwise -gtk
25 > -meanwhile -networkmanager -prediction -qq -sasl -silc -tcl -tk
26 > -zephyr" 0 kB
27 >
28 > Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
29
30 USE="gtk" for pidgin. Right you now just have finch (ncurses)
33 Ken69267
34 Gentoo AMD64 AT