From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo rebuild, cups won't work
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 09:01:28
1 Hi Kevin
2
3 Kevin O'Gorman wrote on 27/01/08 19:58:
4 > I've installed cups and hplip. I cannot follow the Gentoo printing
5 > guide, because that worthy document requires me to add hplip to the
6 > default runlevel, but hplip does not put anything in /etc/init.d. My
7 > printer is an old HP Laserjet 4M, which I usually run as a Postscrpt
8 > printer.
9
10 > What have I missed?
11
12 Run hp-setup
13
14 You'll probably need to rework your cups config files if you've retained
15 them from the broken install. hp-setup should enable local printing OK.
16
17 /etc/init.d/hplip is no longer necessary with recent hplip ebuilds.
18
19 Cheers, Dave
20 --
21 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list