From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] upgraded video card from geforce 6600 to geforce 8600...
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 17:44:14
1 On Freitag, 1. Februar 2008, Budd, Tracy wrote:
2
3 > I got home and realized that I don't know how to get the xorg.conf file
4 > off of that machine without running an email client from X, so I looked
5 > through the Xorg.0.log file and saw that it contained no errors, but it
6 > died trying to load glx. Do I have to recompile glx or something?
7 >
8 > I can handcopy the xorg.conf to another machine, so I could do that this
9 > weekend, if there is not something obvious from the glx failure.
10
11 the xorg.conf and .log are always helpfull to spot the easy (but esealy
12 overlooked) stuff. So please, if you can, send them. To copy them off - what
13 about scp? Fast&easy to use
14
15 Glück Auf
16 Volker