From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] portage confusion
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 23:51:09
1 On Monday 03 March 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
2 > > python. So you
3 > > *should* be able to unmerge the old one. If
4 > > something does break...
5 > > then file a bug at b.g.o.
6 >
7 > It want's to grab both of them. How do I move 2.4.4.r6
8 > to the protected column? Or should I? Is this a good
9 > place to use the && operator?
10 >
11 > localhost heathen # emerge -pC python
14 emerge -avC =dev-lang/python-2.3.5-r3
17 Unmerging python will leave you with an unusuable portage and you'll
18 need a backup copy or other voodoo to get it going again. What you
19 actually want is to remove just the SLOT you are no longer using
23 Alan McKinnon
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
27 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list