From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] logging my activity for audits
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 21:21:58
1 On 9/11/18 6:52 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 >
3 > At a customer we were asked to log/protocol all my administrative
4 > activity for potential audits etc
5 >
6 > My admin-work is basically 98% ssh and maybe some additional tasks done
7 > via virt-manager (logging the work inside the VMs there is another topic
8 > ... I realize that right now).
9 >
10 > Is there a recommended way to track the logs? Specific setup for
11 > syslog-ng or in my case journald?
12 >
13 > Maybe I should setup remote syslog here?
17 A bit over-the-top but here is 'LogDevice' which is now opensource.
18
19 https://code.fb.com/core-data/logdevice-a-distributed-data-store-for-logs/
23 hth,
24 James