From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Miracast from Gentoo PC to TV
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 21:19:52
1 On Wednesday 18 Nov 2015 20:27:41 Fernando Rodriguez wrote:
2 > On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 5:12:10 PM Mick wrote:
3 > > Hi All,
4 > >
5 > > Any idea what ebuild I need to connect to a Samsung TV, which uses
6 > > Miracast.
7 >
8 > Do you want to use the TV as a monitor or just stream media to it? If the
9 > latter, you can use net-misc/mediatomb if the TV supports upnp/dlna. I
10 > think the only solution for miracast right now is openwfd [1] and it looks
11 > like it's not in the tree yet.
12 >
13 > [1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/openwfd/
14
15 Thanks Fernando, I would want to use both, but mediatomb would probably be
16 used more often.
17
18 I saw openwfd. Anyone has experience using it, or is it early days yet?
19 --
20 Regards,
21 Mick