From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pm-suspend replacement?
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 18:50:46
1 On 2021-09-18 18:39+0000 Alan Mackenzie <acm@×××.de> wrote:
2
3 > Hello, Gentoo.
4 >
5 > I used to have a utility pm-suspend which would suspend the current
6 > state of the machine to RAM (or, maybe to the swap partition) and shut
7 > the machine down to a resting state. A keypress or mouse movement
8 > would restore full functionality in a few seconds.
9 >
10 > I think I lost this program in the emerge --depclean I did a couple of
11 > months ago (the one that wanted to make my machine unbootable).
12 >
13 > Is there anything to take its place? In particular I want actively to
14 > put the machine into resting state (as opposed to it happening after a
15 > period of inactivity), and I would prefer to do this without having to
16 > start a GUI session.
17 >
18 > I feel there must be something like this in portage, I just don't know
19 > how to find it.
20 >
21 > Thanks for the help!
24 `loginctl suspend`[1] if you use sys-auth/elogind. `echo mem >
25 /sys/power/state`[2] if not.
26
27 [1] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Elogind#loginctl>
28 [2] <https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v5.10/admin-guide/pm/sleep-states.html#basic-sysfs-interfaces-for-system-suspend-and-hibernation>