From: Uwe Klosa <uwe.klosa@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openoffice 2.0 - compiling or binary
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 08:06:31
1 I have used both versions. The compiled version seems to be more stable on my system.
2
3 Uwe
4
5 Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
6 > Joseph wrote:
7 >
8 >> Is there a benefit of compiling Openoffice 2.0 vs. installing from
9 >> binary.
10 >>
11 >> I've AMD 1.8Mhz with 1Gb or Ram and it has been compiling OO 2.0 for
12 >> 7-hours already.
16 > It's likely to take somewhere around 8-11 hours on such a machine. It
17 > took somewhere around 10 hours for me on a 1500 MHz Athlon XP with 1 GB
18 > RAM.
19 >
20 > Whether or not you can benefit from compiling is unknown to me. But it's
21 > more fun ;)
22 >
23 > -
24 > Kristian Poul Herkild