From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:02:05
1 > On 2018-09-17, at 19:51, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Sounds like a mess. The Gentoo stable versions _seem_ to work OK
4 > together at the moment (for the apps I've tried), but the warning
5 > every time you run one doesn't inspire confidence.
6
7 That would be enough for me to stop using packages that rely on it. 2014 is a long time ago for any major package like this. I would expect crashes and instability with such apps. If I really need it, I would find another way to get the latest versions of wxPython and wxGTK installed. Maybe an overlay has that set up. Or you can build a local copy of the packages and use them that way.
8
9 Andrew